Leonard A. Weitzman has been representing individuals in family law and divorce cases for more than 30 years, regularly appearing in courts throughout New Jersey in Morris, Somerset, Hunterdon, Essex, Union, and Middlesex counties. He has experience in virtually all aspects of family law, including divorce, parental rights, child custody and support, alimony, property distribution, business valuations, pre-nuptial agreements, separation agreements, and domestic violence.
Mr. Weitzman offers a unique approach to all of his family law clients. He takes the time to personally get to know each of his clients and to listen to their specific needs, concerns, fears, and desires. He demonstrates sensitivity to every client, as he realizes that the client is usually going through a very stressful and upsetting time in his or her life. He is communicative, approachable, and responsive. He establishes a specific, realistic plan with each of his clients, and keeps them well informed as to the progress of their case. Mr. Weitzman is competent and confident whenever he is in a courtroom.
Certifications & Accolades
- Former certified civil trial attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey, 1991
- Qualified mediator pursuant to New Jersey Court Rule 1:40
Professional Associations & Membership
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member
- Essex Inns of Court – Member
- District Ethics Committee, Newark – Former Member
Past Employment Professions
- Weiss, Weitzman & Weiss, LLC – Managing Partner, 2000 – 2005
- Weitzman & Weitzman, PA – Partner, 1983 – 2000